- Cheerleading: Cheerleaders work hard to keep spirit alive. Their enthusiasm encourages our athletes and sparks them on to glowing victories and honorable defeats.
- Cross Country (Co-Ed): Running Cross-country is a test of an athlete’s endurance. It involves practice and competition in running distance. The boys’ course covers a distance of 5,000 meters (3.1 miles) and girls’ course covers a distance of 4,000 meters (2.5 miles) in length.
- Football (Boys): There are freshman, junior varsity and varsity football teams. Practice begins in early August (before school starts) and concludes with the W.I.A.A. playoffs and the State Championships at Camp Randall – University of Wisconsin.
- Soccer (Boys): Teams compete against schools in and around Milwaukee. Skill levels of players range from beginner to advanced.
- Tennis (Girls) Schedule: The Tennis Team participates in interscholastic competition with the other Milwaukee area high schools. Match play consists of four singles and three doubles players. Tennis for girls starts the second week in August.
- Volleyball (Girls)
- Golf (Girls)
- Boys Basketball:WHS of IT belongs to the W.I.A.A. and participates in the Milwaukee City Conference. The season begins the first week of November and concludes with regional and sectional playoffs, leading to the State Championships at the Kohl Center, University of Wisconsin in March.
- Girls Basketball: The girl’s program consists of Varsity and junior varsity competition.
- Dance Team: The Dance Team is a colorful and talented group of girls who spend time planning, rehearsing and performing routines. They provide entertainment during halftime at football and basketball games.
- Swimming (Co-Ed): Washington High School students have the opportunity to participate in intraschool swim team with Rufus King High School. The team competes against Milwaukee and suburban high schools throughout the fall. Practices are held at our very own pool. The best swimmers will compete in the state meet held in November.
- Wrestling (Boys): Wrestling provides a unique opportunity for students of all weights, sizes and body types to compete against an opponent in the same weight class. There are thirteen weight classes from 103 lbs. up to 275 lbs. and above. Both varsity and B-teams compete against other high schools, both within and outside the Metropolitan Milwaukee area.
- Baseball (Boys): Varsity and junior varsity competition are offered. Fundamentals of the game are stressed. All participants, regardless of skill level, are welcomed.
- Soccer (Girls): The Interscholastic sport of soccer is a fall and spring sport. Teams compete against schools in and around Milwaukee. Skill levels of players range from beginner to advanced.
- Softball (Girls): Both varsity and junior varsity levels of competition are offered, featuring fast-pitch style of play. Beginning, intermediate and advanced strategies are all taught for this spring sport.
- Tennis (Boys): The Tennis Team participates in interscholastic competition with the other Milwaukee area high schools. Match play consists of four singles and three doubles players. The boys’ sport begins in March and matches are played through the state tournament in June.
- Track & Field (Co-Ed): Track & Field consists of athletes competing in various events; running (dashes, middle distance, long distance, hurdles, relays) and field (shot put, discus, high jump, pole vault, long/triple jump). The points earned by the team’s individual athletes are total to determine a winning team. Washington fields varsity and junior varsity competition and compete with other teams in Southeastern Wisconsin.
- Golf (Boys): Students complete in local/conference events.