Washington High School is a proud member of the Milwaukee Community Schools Partnership (MCSP), which brings together students, families, teachers, staff, neighbors, and partners to create a thriving learning environment for students.
Community Schools have a mindset to meet the needs of children and families during the school day and beyond. School staff, students, families, and community members work as partners. At each school, this group identifies needs and priorities together and gathers resources so every child can excel.
In the MCSP:
- The personal success of every child is the focus of the school community.
- Families have a voice in education.
- Programs and strategies are selected to strengthen learning goals.
- Resources help support healthy students and families.
- A dedicated coordinator brings together families, staff, partners, and community.
- Each school has a key partner organization that is invested to support the school’s goals. Our partner organization is Dominican Center.
The MCSP is made up of three key partners with the core values of shared leadership, equity, and cultural relevance:
- Milwaukee Public Schools
- Milwaukee Teachers’ Education Association
- United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County