Please join us in enjoying and judging our students’ projects virtually this year. Our students have worked hard to create a product that they are proud of. Click here to access projects.
What is the Personal Project?
The MYP Personal Project is a student-centered, long-term project that encourages all sophomore students to practice and strengthen their ATL skills, to connect classroom learning engagements with personal experience, and to develop their own interests for lifelong learning.
MYP students must successfully complete the externally moderated Personal Project to be eligible for IB MYP course results and the IB MYP certificate. Students are expected to put in 25 hours of work on the project outside of school and complete of all of the project components, including participation in the personal project exhibition.
The aims of the MYP projects are to encourage and enable students to:
- participate in a sustained, self-directed inquiry within a global context
- generate creative new insights and develop deeper understandings through in-depth investigation
- demonstrate the skills, attitudes and knowledge required to complete a project over an extended period of time
- communicate effectively in a variety of situations
- demonstrate responsible action through, or as a result of, learning
- appreciate the process of learning and take pride in their accomplishments.