Camp Parkside is a 4-star YoungStar program run through Milwaukee Public Schools Recreation Department. We offer a before and after school program as well as a full-time summer camp program. Please scroll down for more information about each of these branches of Camp Parkside, and feel free to contact our directors with any questions!
Our Camp Philosophy
The mission of Camp Parkside is to provide a safe, healthy, supervised and recreational environment for children throughout the year. The camp is child-centered and designed to benefit each child emotionally, physically, socially and educationally. Camp Parkside’s staff consists of qualified adults who share the philosophy that all children can learn and that quality developmental recreation experiences help support the educational goals of Milwaukee Public Schools.
General Information About Camp Parkside
- Camp Parkside is designed for the convenience and benefit of the elementary school family by offering quality child care on a daily basis.
- Camp Parkside is open on school days from 6:30am – 6:00pm
- View the Camp Parkside Family Handbook
- When school is closed, camp is also CLOSED.
- If school is closed for reasons such as bad weather, camp will also be closed.
- Each child must turn in all registration forms before attending their first day of camp. Camp Registration Packets are located in the Main Office. There is also a $10 registration fee due at that time, as well as prepayment for the first 2 weeks of program.
- Camp during the school year is a prepay system with an hourly rate of $8.00 an hour. Payment for the week is due by the Friday beforehand. Parents are responsible for estimating the amount of hours you will need for the week and making a payment with a director the week before. Unlike most daycares, you only pay for what you use. So, if you prepay for an amount and your child is out sick from school that day, that amount will remain as a credit on your account. Bills will be emailed to you every Monday, so please make sure we have an email account on file for you. Payments can be submitted in cash or a check made payable to “Camp Parkside.”
- Camp does accept W-2 assistance. You must be approved and pay the registration fee at the time of registration. Camp’s provider number for assistance is 2000563892 and our site number is 074. If you have questions regarding this, please call us at 414.294.1687.
- If you arrive late to pick up your child, a $15 late fee will be assessed for every 15 minute increment after 6:00pm.
- If your child needs medication dispensed, a medical release form must be filled out by the parent/guardian and doctor. If your child has any food allergies, we have a form for you to fill out to keep on hand with the kitchen staff who provide our free meals throughout the year.
Before and After School Care
Camp Parkside offers before school care starting at 6:30 AM. Children will have access to books, games, and other activities until the bell rings at 9:05am for the beginning of the school day. At that time, camp staff will release your child to go outside to join their class and teacher. In the case of bad weather, there will be indoor arrival and children will be dismissed at 9:05am and go straight to their classroom.
After school programing begins at 4:10pm and is open until 6:00pm. We offer a snack immediately after school. After snack, students will leave with their group for a variety of fun activities. Each day, they will enjoy 30 minutes of a teacher led physical fitness activity and 30 minutes of uninterrupted free choice in the camp room. Additional activities include community gathering time and teacher led activities (such as a project or science experiment which ties into our weekly camp themes). Students also have access to participate in a variety of partnerships we have established with Tae Kwon Do and Scouts, and have the opportunity to get started on their homework. Finally, we try to get outside each and every day, so please make sure your child always comes to camp with clothing appropriate for the weather. Thank you!
Camp Parkside Summer Camp
We are excited to have Summer Camp Parkside back for Summer 2023. Summer Camp will run from June 26th – August 18th at Parkside. A registration packet will be sent home upon request in April. Please check the Wednesday Packet for more information.
Thank you for taking to time to consider Camp Parkside for your childcare needs!
- Ashley Kirby, Director: (414) 294-1687, firstname.lastname@example.org