Milwaukee School of Languages offers language immersion programs in German, French, and Spanish along with courses in Japanese. MPS elementary language immersion graduates enter our full immersion program in Grade 6. Students (Grade 6) from other schools may apply to our partial Spanish immersion programs. Students continue their second language studies until graduation. This unique program produces advanced levels of foreign language proficiency, translating into advanced standing in college. Art, music and physical education classes are offered at all grade levels as well as other elective classes. Advanced Placement courses are offered in 11 subjects.
Visit the 22-23 MSL Programming website for information related to the programming process.
School Supplies List
There have been some changes made at the district level regarding yellow bus service for city-wide high schools. If your child lives seven miles or more from campus, he/she will be granted transportation via the Milwaukee County Transit system. If your student is affected by this policy change, you should have been made aware through district correspondence. I am looking to receive more specific information regarding this policy update from the district. Families impacted will receive notification of any updates communicated to me regarding this process.
Families who qualify for Yellow Bus transportation will have route information mailed to you directly from the Milwaukee Public Schools District Office. Yellow bus transportation is provided to high school students who live in the city of Milwaukee, more than two-miles from MSL and less than seven miles.
If you plan to provide your own transportation for your child during the school year, please see Drop-off and Pick-up procedures.
Drop-Off and Pick-Up
- On school days with inclement weather (raining, snowing, below zero temperatures) students will be allowed to enter the building at 7:55 am.
- Middle school students should be dropped off at the playground entrance on 86th Street (West side of building) between 7:45-7:55 am.
- High school students will enter through the main door on Burleigh Street.
- Students should NEVER be dropped off or picked up in the parking lot.
- At the end of the day, busses will pull away from the building at 3:30pm.
- Students who are not working directly with a teacher or coach after school MUST leave the building in a timely fashion. No students will be allowed to remain in the building unsupervised after school.