Volunteering at Milwaukee German Immersion School
All volunteers who spend more than 5 hours in the building a year are asked to do a background check for the safety of our students. Click here and you will be taken to MPS’ volunteer page. Select Milwaukee German Immersion School as your first choice.
Our volunteers help MGIS run smoothly and safely. Volunteering is a wonderful way to get to know other parents, MGIS teachers and staff and your child’s friends. School volunteers are organized either through the Parent Coordinator, the PTA, or in many cases, with your child’s teacher!
Family members of MGIS students are welcome to volunteer. This includes parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles. Community members are also welcome.
5 Easy Ways to Volunteer:
- In the classroom; mostly English reading groups, but could also take projects home to help the teacher
- Room parents – help teachers with communication and special projects
- Monday Morning Work Group – help with prep work (i.e. cutting shapes) for activities in e classroom
- In School Volunteers –
- Student Arrival/Drop Off (9:00 am to 9:15 am)
- Lunch Room (11:00 am to 12:40 pm)
- After School/Dismissal (3:45 pm to 4:05 pm)
- Help shelve books in the library
- Get involved in the PTA! Work during the day? See how you can help in the evenings with different committees on the PTA. Currently, there are 30 different committees…can’t find one you like, you can always approach them with an idea!!
How to sign up:
You can use our Remind app also! Go to remind.com/join/vol3778
Room parents can sign up at the school’s Fall Open House. Contact Molly Stuettgen
Monday Morning Work Group meets in the school basement and at an off site location-for those with little ones-every Monday (or on Tuesday if Monday is a non-school day). You can just show up. Contact Angela Templin with questions.
For PTA volunteering questions, please contact our PTA president, Traci McKean at: firstname.lastname@example.org
All volunteers need to sign in at the office when they enter the building.