MFIS is the only school in Milwaukee where students can become proficient in both English and French. With the school day conducted primarily in French, children quickly become confident bilingual students and move on to language programs in middle and high school.
Our students receive a multicultural experience that incorporates student and family backgrounds. Children develop as global citizens who respect all cultures and honor each person as a unique individual.
- Recognized as a LabelFrancEducation School by the French government
- K4, K5, and grade 1: 90% of instruction is in French
- Students take part in DELF French exams: speaking, listening, reading, writing
- Meets Expectations on Wisconsin State Report Card (2018–22)
- Overnight French camp for 5th grade students
- Prior French experience required for new students in grade 2 and above