At the Milwaukee Academy of Chinese Language, we believe that a child’s education is a shared responsibility between the school, the family and the community and that the three must work together as partners to best benefit students and education. MACL shares the commitment to the educational success of all students through collaboration and the establishment of programs and practices that enhance parent involvement and reflect the specific needs of each student and his or her family.
MACL is grateful to the agencies and organizations that help support educational initiatives.
- The Helen Bader Foundation funds the Homework First program, a homework incentive program for second through fifth graders. This program uses a rewards system to promote responsibility and consistency among students.
- The Neighborhood House of Milwaukee supplements MACL’s environmental studies program with field trips to the Neighborhood House Center and their Nature Center in Dodge County.
- The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Linguistics Department provides guidance in the programming of the Mandarin Chinese Language Program.
- Marquette University and Marquette High School provide MACL with student volunteers who give their time and talents to help MACL students succeed.
- The Mercan Chinese Language Institute assists MACL with staff development regarding Chinese cultures and language. The Institute also partners with MACL to provide Chinese language materials and a textbook.
We are thankful for every MACL family for playing an important role in each student’s education. The MACL school community recognizes the importance of leadership in setting high expectations and creating a climate conducive to parental participation.