Our PTO is a volunteer organization made up of parents, teachers, administrators and staff. We work to improve the educational experience for the MacDowell students by organizing community events and fundraising for items that are not otherwise in our school budget. The PTO provides funding for school field trips, elementary swim lessons, classroom supplies and prom. We also support cherished MacDowell events such as the Back to School Picnic, the Ethnic Potluck, the Black History Celebration and the Children’s Ice Cream Social. A full list of our continued support is below.
MacDowell Montessori PTO meets monthly to plan our school events, discuss areas of concern, and organize fundraising opportunities. Please consider joining us this year at any one of our meetings. PTO meetings are held on the 3rd Wednesday of the month at 5:30. Everyone is welcome.
If you have any ideas, comments or suggestions but cannot attend a PTO meeting, we want to hear from you! Send us a message at email@example.com
We often need volunteers for our events, both behind the scenes and on event days. If you cannot attend our meetings but would like to be a volunteer for the PTO, please let us know.
Our MacDowell PTO Board-We are still recruiting board positions!
- President – Heather Eldridge
- Vice President – VACANCY
- Treasurer – John Hart
- Secretary – Dana Davidson
- Minutes will be posted monthly!
- September 13, 2023 meeting minutes – HERE
- October 18, 2023 meeting minutes – HERE
- November 15, 2023 meeting minutes – HERE
- Colectivo Coffee
- Club’s Choice
- Various Restaurants including Saz’s, Papa Johns, Lou Malnati’s, Krispy Kreme
The MacDowell PTO supports – through its fundraising, event planning and volunteers – the following events:
- Back to School Picnic
- Ethnic Potluck and Choir Showcase
- Black History Celebration
- Spring Open House and Ice Cream Social
- 8th Grade Completion ceremony
- End of the Year BBQ
- Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast
- Staff Appreciation Luncheon
The MacDowell PTO also generously gives financial support for the following:
- Bussing for field trips
- Upper elementary swim lesson scholarships
- Bussing for Nature’s Classroom
- Books for classroom libraries
- Additional funds for classroom supplies
Please, help the PTO continue to support these programs that directly affect each student!