Interested in learning more about what Montessori education has to offer?
Watch these videos below:
MPS Montessori – https://youtu.be/2-WYRkHyFvY
MPS Montessori – Primary – https://youtu.be/1ntTLlGDLCk
MPS Montessori – Elementary – https://youtu.be/O69mWEf0Zsk
MPS Montessori – Adolescent – https://youtu.be/PHIe5Es1dgc
MacDowell Montessori School promotes concentration, practical life and problem-solving skills as students apply knowledge in all subjects. At the K-8 level, classrooms are multi-age, combining the ages of 3-6, 6-9, 9-12 and 12-14.
Students integrate science, history, geography and the arts through lessons, projects and community experiences. Grade-school students must have had continuous previous Montessori school attendance to enroll in grades above K4.
Our high school program combines the Montessori philosophy with the International Baccalaureate program, which provides a rigorous curriculum for college preparation. MacDowell emphasizes the importance of productive community involvement and a humanistic worldview. Students with previous Montessori experience and/or IB interest are encouraged to apply for the high school program.
- K3-K4, 8:05 a.m – 11:25 a.m
- K5-6th grade, 8:05 a.m – 3:05 p.m
- 7th – 12th grade, 8:05 a.m – 3:20 p.m
School Calendar here: 2022-23 Calendar Early Start
MPS Enrollment Information:
To enroll in MacDowell Montessori, parents and guardians must participate in MPS’s Enrollment windows.
MPS Kindergarten Enrollment Window for 2023-2024 School Year: February 4 to March 5, 2023. Learn more at mpsmke.com/enroll
- Students enrolling at K3 need to be 3 years old by September 1st and must reside in Milwaukee.
- Students enrolling in K4 need to be 4 years old by September 1st. Families who reside outside of Milwaukee must enroll through Open Enrollment. For more information about Open Enrollment click here.
High School Early Admissions for 2023-2024 School Year: October 1 to October 30, 2022. Learn more at mpsmke.com/enroll
After the enrollment windows have closed, enrollment will reopen for fall:
- High School: February 4 to August 1, 2023
- Kindergarten: April 10 to August 1, 2023
All other grade levels that need enrollment for Fall 2023: February 4 to August 1, 2023