MacDowell Montessori School promotes concentration, practical life and problem-solving skills as students apply knowledge in all subjects. At the K-8 level, classrooms are multi-age, combining the ages of 3-6, 6-9, 9-12 and 12-14.
Students integrate science, history, geography and the arts through lessons, projects and community experiences. Grade-school students must have had continuous previous Montessori school attendance to enroll in grades above K4.
Our high school program combines the Montessori philosophy with the International Baccalaureate program, which provides a rigorous curriculum for college preparation. MacDowell emphasizes the importance of productive community involvement and a humanistic worldview. Students with previous Montessori experience and/or IB interest are encouraged to apply for the high school program.
- K3-K4, 8:05 a.m – 11:25 a.m
- K5-6th grade, 8:05 a.m – 3:05 p.m
- 7th – 12th grade, 8:05 a.m – 3:20 p.m
Students will leave MacDowell ready to pursue their Great Work. Students will develop into globally minded citizens with the skills to act locally and impact their community. They will be ready to pursue this work in College and career training without remediation.
MPS Enrollment Information
To enroll in MacDowell Montessori, parents and guardians must participate in MPS’s Enrollment windows.
MPS Kindergarten Enrollment Window for 2024-2025 School Year: February 3 to March 3, 2024. Learn more at mpsmke.com/enroll
- Students enrolling at K3 need to be 3 years old by September 1st and must reside in Milwaukee.
- Students enrolling in K4 need to be 4 years old by September 1st. Families who reside outside of Milwaukee must enroll through Open Enrollment. For more information about Open Enrollment click here.
High School Early Admissions for 2024-2025 School Year: September 23 to October 31, 2023. Learn more at mpsmke.com/enroll
After the enrollment windows have closed, enrollment will reopen for fall:
- High School: February 3 to August 1, 2024
- Kindergarten: April 10 to August 1, 2024
All other grade levels that need enrollment for Fall 2024: February 3 to August 1, 2024