At Goodrich, families are encouraged to support their children’s education by being active participants. It is important to realize that the Goodrich staff and families must work together to build a strong support network for children. Goodrich helps parents raise confident children by teaching citizenship, respect, discipline and personal responsibility. Parent involvement is critical for a child to succeed academically and grow emotionally. Families can support the Goodrich community by:
- Ensuring that your child arrives to school on time every day (7:20 a.m.);
- Calling the Goodrich office when your child is absent at (262) 236-1500;
- Ensuring that your child gets the proper amount of sleep every night;
- Providing a nutritional lunch for your child;
- Checking your child’s bookbag every day;
- Reading with your child daily;
- Assisting your child with homework;
- Dressing your child appropriately according to the weather;
- Offering assistance in the classrooms;
- Attending field trips;
- Being an active member of the PTO.
Here is a website created by our School Social Worker and School Psychologist that has resources related to childcare, COVID-19, food, housing, internet, MPS parent guide, and IMPACT 2-1-1.
Attendance is very important at Goodrich Elementary. We strive to reach 95% attendance or better each day. Please make sure that your child(ren) are at school, on time, every day. The school day starts at 7:35am and ends at 2:25pm. If your child(ren) has to be absent, please make sure to let the office know. You can call the attendance line directly at (262) 236-1560. You can also fill out the absence excuse form below and send it to school with your child(ren). Thank you for supporting your child(ren)’s attendance at school!
Pick Up/Drop Off Information
Field Trip Assistance/Volunteering
To ensure the safest learning experience for all students, teachers may enlist the use of volunteers to serve as chaperones on field trips. This is a valuable service for which the Goodrich staff is very grateful. Parent volunteers are given established procedures to provide structure and accountability and to keep students safe when they are away from school.