At Goodrich, families are encouraged to support their children’s education by being active participants. It is important to realize that the Goodrich staff and families must work together to build a strong support network for children. Goodrich helps parents raise confident children by teaching citizenship, respect, discipline and personal responsibility. Parent involvement is critical for a child to succeed academically and grow emotionally. Families can support the Goodrich community by:
- Ensuring that your child arrives to school on time every day (7:20 a.m.);
- Calling the Goodrich office when your child is absent at (262) 236-1500;
- Ensuring that your child gets the proper amount of sleep every night;
- Providing a nutritional lunch for your child;
- Checking your child’s bookbag every day;
- Reading with your child daily;
- Assisting your child with homework;
- Dressing your child appropriately according to the weather;
- Offering assistance in the classrooms;
- Attending field trips;
- Being an active member of the PTO.
Here is a website created by our School Social Worker and School Psychologist that has resources related to childcare, COVID-19, food, housing, internet, MPS parent guide, and IMPACT 2-1-1.
Attendance is very important at Goodrich Elementary. We strive to reach 95% attendance or better each day. Please make sure that your child(ren) are at school, on time, every day. The school day starts at 7:35am and ends at 2:25pm. If your child(ren) has to be absent, please make sure to let the office know. You can call the attendance line directly at (262) 236-1560. You can also fill out the absence excuse form below and send it to school with your child(ren). Thank you for supporting your child(ren)’s attendance at school!
Traditional Calendar (2022-23)
- Sept 5, 2022: Labor Day
- Sept 30, 2022: Professional Development Day
- Oct 21, 2022: Parent-Teacher Conference Day
- Oct 24, 2022: October Break
- Nov 8, 2022: Record Day
- Nov 23 – Nov 25, 2022: Thanksgiving Break
- Dec 22, 2022: Professional Development Day
- Dec 23 – 30, 2022: Winter Break
- Jan 2, 2023: Winter Break
- Jan 16, 2023: MLK Jr. Day
- Feb 17, 2023: Record Day
- Feb 20, 2023: Mid-Semester Break
- March 17, 2023: Parent-Teacher Conference Day
- March 20, 2023: March Break
- April 3 – 7, 2023: Spring Break
- April 10, 2023: Professional Development Day
- May 26, 2023: Memorial Day Break
- May 29, 2023: Memorial Day
- June 5, 2023: Record Day
Pick Up/Drop Off Information
Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO)
The PTO at Goodrich is very active. They sponsor a community Halloween party in October and Breakfast with Santa in December, among a variety of other activities. The PTO also provides buses for each class to take field trips and uses funds to support other classroom projects.
The Governance Council is given a variety of responsibilities and meets monthly to discuss school-wide policies, the Goodrich School budget and the Educational Plan.
Field Trip Assistance/Volunteering
To ensure the safest learning experience for all students, teachers may enlist the use of volunteers to serve as chaperones on field trips. This is a valuable service for which the Goodrich staff is very grateful. Parent volunteers are given established procedures to provide structure and accountability and to keep students safe when they are away from school.