Provides resources for food, shelter, financial and legal assistance, alcohol and drug abuse information, child and elder care, health care, mental health, crisis intervention, etc.
Advocacy agency in Milwaukee that takes appointments and will help to figure out difficult barriers people are facing.
- Provides assistance with housing such as shelter information, tenant/landlord issues, utility advocacy, building inspection advocacy, etc.
- Provides assistance with health care advocacy such as Title XIX, Social Security and SSI Disability, health care access.
- Provides assistance with general support such as food stamps, W-2, money managing and budgeting, etc.
Milwaukee County Birth to Three Program
Evaluates children under the age of four who are experiencing developmental delays; may provide services to children who qualify.
Riverwest Food Pantry at the Gaenslen School location
Open Tuesdays from 4:30 – 6:30 p.m.
Located at 1250 E. Burleigh Ave.–come up the ramp in front of the building
- Must bring a picture ID for yourself, identification for each one of your family members including children and a piece of mail proving your address and every other adult’s address in the home
- Riverwest Pantry has two locations: Gaenslen School and St. Casimir’s Church. Participants can only go to only one of the pantries once a month.
- Food donations are always welcome