Frederick J. Gaenslen School is a vibrant school in the Riverwest neighborhood for learners of all abilities. We focus on equitable, personalized learning so all students can succeed and thrive. Gaenslen is a district leader in serving students with special healthcare needs and orthopedic impairments.
Our current building was constructed in 1988 for students of all abilities and is completely accessible to wheelchairs. Learning takes place in an inclusive environment where all students are valued for their achievements.
- Small class sizes increase individual attention (K4–Grade 2)
- Technology is blended into daily learning
- Library and media center is newly renovated
- Swimming pool available for students and community
- Select grades engage in weaving classes on site
- Families can take part in the monthly School Governance Council