K3 Class Times
- K3 Morning class is from 9:15 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- K3 Afternoon class is from 12:30 to 4:00 p.m.
K3 School Staff-All School Staff is Bilingual
- Ms. Maria Rivera (assistant)
K3 Classroom Room 120
- Room 120 is on the first floor and is the closest room to the main entrance. Room 120 is equipped with child size bathrooms, 2 sinks, coat hooks, and state of the art furniture and all new materials.
K3 Class Size
- Maximum class size is 25 students with 1 teacher and 1 assistant
K3 School Enrollment
La Escuela Fratney is a proud to be a part of Milwaukee Public Schools! We participate in the MPS Kindergarten (K3,K4, and K5) Enrollment process. All students who enroll in K3 at La Escuela Fratney will automatically be enrolled in the K4 through 5th grade program in future years. Students must turn 3 years old prior to September 1st. The application is available on the MPS Kindergarten Enrollment page linked below:
La Escuela Fratney enrolls new students for K3 and K4 for each school year! Seats are limited and fill quickly so don’t delay! Because we are a two-way dual language school, students can only enroll in K3-K5 (unless they are able to pass a Spanish proficiency test). For more information regarding enrollment, please call our school at (414) 267-1105 or email our Principal, Ms. Sara Cruz at email@example.com.
Both the K3 morning and K3 afternoon classes have the same:
- Teacher-Ms. Virginia-bilingual
- Assistant-Ms. Maria-bilingual
- Classroom-Room 120
- Curriculum-Frog Street and Dual Language Curriculum
- General schedule-Whole group, small group, learning through play, recess, and mealtimes.
AM or PM times are assigned at the school level. Although families can request an am or pm time at the school level, it cannot be guaranteed.
K3 Meals-Free Breakfast and Lunch
- Free breakfast and free lunch for all our students!
- Snack time in K3 and in K3 Wrap around program
K3 Wrap Around Childcare
K3 Wrap Around Childcare through the Milwaukee Recreation Department is offered onsite for a small fee of $125 a week. Scholarships and financial assistance may be available based on need.
Wrap Around Childcare Classroom
- Room 122 is on the first floor and is the second classroom nearest the main entrance. It is right next door to the K3 classroom room 120 ensuring a safe and seamless transition from K3 class to K3 childcare. It is also equipped with child size bathrooms, 2 sinks, cubbies, and state of the art furniture and brand new materials. Room 120 and 122 are identical in size and most attributes helping the youngest learners to feel comfortable and safe in both environments without an unnecessary differences or transitions.
K3 Childcare Times
- Families choose am or pm childcare based on need for childcare.
- Am and pm childcare cannot be combined.
K3 Childcare Staff-All K3 Childcare Staff is Bilingual
- Mrs. D (K3 Childcare teacher) bilingual
- Mr. John (assistant) bilingual
- Ms. Laura (assistant) bilingual
- Ms. Cynthia (assistant) bilingual
- Ms. Cynthia Cruz is the K3 Wrap Around Supervisor. She is not on site daily. However, she is available to answer any questions or concerns regarding the K3 Wrap Around Program. She can be reached at (414) 475-8637 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
K3 Childcare Enrollment
A separate application is required for the K3 wrap around childcare program. Please call the main office at (414) 267-1100 or email Mrs. D for an application. Applications are available every spring for the next school year. Applications will be available at our K3 Orientation and Playdate on Thursday, August 25th and our school-wide open house on Thursday, September 1st. Enrollment in the childcare is on a first come, first serve basis and is limited to 20 students per session (am or pm).