Clement Avenue School fosters independent thinkers through equitable, and environmentally responsible practices. Our community develops the physical, social, and emotional well-being of all students which prepares them to be engaged, global citizens, and life-long learners.
- We show respect for all members of our school and community in everything we say and do.
- We are a community that takes responsibility for our actions and learning; education is our priority.
- We cultivate community through positivity and appreciating individuality.
- We embrace, honor, and celebrate teamwork while building partnerships.
- We show integrity by being honest in all our practices.
Homework is an important part of the learning process that should be viewed as an opportunity for students to practice new skills and reinforce classroom lessons. Most homework is a formative assessment which should not be graded, but rather should receive feedback and provide information for the teacher as subsequent lessons are planned. Some extended projects may be more summative in nature and will receive a grade or proficiency level feedback.
All students are expected to complete daily practice at home.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Reading (or being read to) 30 minutes each day (younger students and their guardian can take time to discuss pictures as they read the book)
- Math practice which focuses on concepts from class as well as foundational skill building in Xtra Math