Clement Avenue School fosters independent thinkers through equitable, and environmentally responsible practices. Our community develops the physical, social, and emotional well-being of all students which prepares them to be engaged, global citizens, and life-long learners.
- We show respect for all members of our school and community in everything we say and do.
- We are a community that takes responsibility for our actions and learning; education is our priority.
- We cultivate community through positivity and appreciating individuality.
- We embrace, honor, and celebrate teamwork while building partnerships.
- We show integrity by being honest in all our practices.
- Morning Meetings to build positive community
- Culturally Responsive teaching practices that change with the needs of our students and families
- Opportunities for choice during academics to foster student engagement
What We Offer and What We Achieve
- Low Cost School Child Care (both AM and PM)
- Early Childhood Special Education Programs (for 4, and 5 year old)
- All-day K4 and K5 Classrooms
- Art, Music, and Phy Ed Specialists
- Special Education Programs that support each individual student
- Involved and Supportive Parent Community/PTO
- Reading instruction with an emphasis on whole language and phonics.
- Supplemental programs for all below level readers.
- Math Investigations curriculum promoting problem solving through the use of manipulatives and connection to real world experiences.
- 6 Traits Writing: Structured approach to detailed student writing.
- Global view of the world around us with a multi-cultural emphasis as it relates to our own students’ experiences.
- Science instruction encourages students exploration and scientific inquiry.
- High focus and commitment to increase student achievement in all areas.
- Green initiatives which incorporate composting breakfast and lunch, school wide recycling, an outdoor classroom, Fork Farm Growing Towers, and outdoor school gardens.