See our most recent newsletters
Families, click here to join our school on ClassDojo to get regular updates and message school staff.
Cass Street School is one of Milwaukee’s best kept secrets. A traditional K4-8 school, we are located close to downtown on the lower east side, just south of Brady Street and within walking distance of museums and cultural attractions. Cass Street School integrates Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Math and Mindfulness to prepare our students for college and 21st century careers.
Students enjoy the emotional and social benefits of various art and music programs; drill team, cheerleading and a variety of sports teams. In addition we have an after-school Community Learning Center (CLC) operated by the Boys & Girls Club of Greater Milwaukee which offers tutoring and academic help in addition to a hot meal and assorted after-school extracurricular activities.
Check out our STEM Corner to see what Cougars are doing in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math.
Experience the Cass Street School Difference
- All day K4 and K5
- Chromebooks available for all students in each classroom.
- School Uniforms (purple, black, or white polo shirts & black or tan bottoms)
- CLC (Community Learning Center, run by Boys & Girls Club — an after-school tutoring program)
- Extracurricular activities/After-School Sports, including: Flag Football, Track & Field, Basketball (teams: 1-3rd grade, 4-6th grade, 7-8th grade), Soccer (1-3rd grade),Volleyball, Cheerleading, and Steppers
- STEAMM/PLTW – Project Lead the Way is taught from K5-8th grades. PLTW’s mission is to prepare students for the global economy by exposing students to problem-based Science Technology Engineering and Math curriculum. We are also proud of our two new STEM labs!
- Mindfulness & Yoga teaches students to self-regulate with simple strategies that develop attention, focus, impulse control, self-compassion and conflict resolution.
- Peace Garden maintained by our school Psychologist, students enter a peaceful place where they may practice Mindfulness exercises and re-center themselves before re-entering the classroom.
- Art, Music, Physical Education, Mindfulness and Library classes for all students. Yoga classes in 1st grade.
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters matching Bigs and Littles based on location, personalities and preferences, mentors and students get together a few hours every month — at school, at home, or on the weekends.
- Tutoring/Foster Grandparents Program pairs older adults with students to offer tutoring, mentoring, encouragement and intergenerational support.
- Interfaith-MPS Tutoring Program connects older adults with students and helps to improve the academic performance and engagement of kindergarten through 5th grade students.
Call us at 414-212-2700 to schedule a tour!!