Auer Avenue Parent Newsletter
- School Day Hours: 7:20AM – 2:20PM Auer’s School Office Closes at 3:00PM.
- Please remember to call the school if your student(s) will be absent for the day (414-875-4500).
- Auer Avenue Community School has a MANDATORY UNIFORM POLICY. It is very simple to adhere to: plain black or red tops (t-shirts or dress shirts) and plain black or khaki bottoms (plain black or khaki pants, shorts to the knee, black jeans, skirt or capris). Students are not allowed to wear sandals, flip-flops or open-toe shoes to school.
- Students should be dropped-off in the back of the school building. Drop-off begins at 7:15AM, Pick-up is at 2:20PM. Students will be picked up in front of the school building. Students that are dropped off late (after 7:40AM) should be brought to the front door where they will be checked in by a staff member.
- If you have moved or are planning to move, please call the office at 414-875-4500 with your updated information.
- With COVID 19 in mind, when should you keep your child home from school? Click HERE for MPS Guidelines Regarding a Sick Child.
- Masks are mandatory for ALL Staff & Students while in the building.
Returning to School April 2021
On March 23, 2021, the Milwaukee Board of School Directors approved the Administration’s recommendation to return to in-person learning. Students will attend four days of in-person learning and virtual instruction on Wednesdays.
For transportation and busing information for your student(s) please call the Auer Avenue main office (414-875-4500) OR the MPS transportation department at 414-475-8922.
Due to COVID 19, Auer Avenue will not be hosting Parent Volunteers at this time.
Do you already have an account?
Sign up for the Parent Portal!
Receive real-time updates and alerts right on your phone!
Keeping our families informed is a high priority at MPS. An effective way to receive real-time updates and alerts from the district and your child’s school is through the Infinite Campus Parent Portal.
This system allows the district and each MPS school to send out important messages to parents or guardians very quickly. The technology allows us to send messages to your home phone and mobile device as well as text messages and emails. It gives us the ability to connect with parents in ways that fit their busy lives.
Here’s what to do: Go to your child’s school to sign up for an Infinite Campus Parent Portal account. Please be sure to bring photo identification with you. Once you have registered, you can access the Infinite Campus Parent Portal online at http://mpsmke.com/parentportal or through an Infinite Campus mobile application. The Infinite Campus Parent Portal allows 24-hour access to view your child’s:
- Transportation information
- Real-time updates and alerts
- District messages
Sign up for an Infinite Campus Parent Portal account today! Please remember to bring your photo ID. Contact your child’s school for more information.