ALBA faculty welcomes you!
Enrollment for 2023-2024 School Year
To complete an application: Click here
Enrollment Windows: 2023-2024 School Year
February 4 to March 5, 2023
All other grade levels that need enrollment for Fall 2023
February 4 to August 1, 2023
The open enrollment application period for the 2023-24 school year is February 6 – April 28, 2023 at 4:00pm.
To complete an open enrollment application: Click here
If you need assistance call the school office at 414-902-7525 to speak with Ms. Juarez
stop by the school 7:30-10am or 12:00-2:00pm.
The faculty is delighted to start the school year and to open our doors to ALBA school again. The following is important information for the first day of school, which will be Monday, August 15th, 2022. We are confident that all students will learn a lot and will have great success this 2021-2022 school year.
- We have included the school supply list so you can take advantage of store sales. Please bring everything to school during the open house or the first day of school. It is required that every student comes to school in his/her uniform EVERYDAY beginning with the first day of school!
- Registration Day will be Monday, August 1st starting at 10:00 am until 1:00 pm in the cafeteria (The location is subject to change upon regulations established by MPS for that said date). We are depending on your cooperation to verify that the child will continue to be enrolled at ALBA. You will be filling out various documents for the new school year. You should bring the emergency contact numbers, family doctor’s name and phone number, and letters from the doctor if your child requires medication or special accommodations. During registration, on August 1st there will be staff members able to help you fill out these documents.
- Open House will be on Thursday, August 11th from 4:30 pm until 6:30 pm. Presentations will begin at 4:30 pm in the auditorium (The location is subject to change upon regulations established by MPS for that said date). Please be on time. You will have an opportunity to meet teachers, see the classroom, find his or her locker, and listen to a teacher short presentation about the new school year expectations. It is mandatory that a parent/guardian is present at the event to learn the procedures of the classroom and the grade level expectations. We will sell uniform t-shirts. We advise you to bring the supplies to leave in the classroom.
- School begins Monday, August 15th at 7:20 a.m. sharp. If you are driving to school, then you need to park on the west side of the parking lot at the corner of Burnham and 32nd Street. You will not get a parking ticket there. You do risk receiving a police ticket if you park on the perimeter of the school building. ALBA school is not responsible for paying for parking tickets. Please make sure your child uses the designated doors for entry.
Find your child’s future at ALBA!
ALBA opens doors to bilingual education with a commitment to culture, rigorous learning, and fine art.
- Our diverse staff is bilingual, dedicated, and highly qualified.
- We encourage children to maintain their culture through language and the fine arts.
- We have small class sizes and high academic achievement.
- We offer a safe and positive school environment.
- We have been recognized nationally, by the White House and the State of Wisconsin.
- Families have opportunities for volunteering and leadership.
Dear Parent or Guardian,
Have you heard about one of MPS’s best kept secrets?
ALBA School is a bilingual Spanish/English elementary school with a fine arts focus. Parents and students love the following at ALBA:
- Head Start Program for 3- year-olds
- Small nurturing environment
- Bilingual bicultural instruction through 8th grade
- Fine Arts instruction in art, music, strings, band, and dance
- Academic English language support
- Friendly, caring, highly qualified teachers and staff
- School uniforms
- Sports-soccer, basketball and volleyball
- Parent Coordinator for home-school connections, support and personal development
- 1 to 1 Student Technology
We are currently accepting applications for K4 for fall of 2021-2022. If you need help completing the application please call the school office at 414-902-7525 .
- The application can be done completely online at: Bit.Ly/MPS-ENROLL or call Central offices at (414) 475-8393
- The application for Head Start K3 half day program is: https://www.childplus.net/apply/en-us/ or call (414) 252-0350
- If you live outside the city of Milwaukee, the Open enrollment application is: https://sms.dpi.wi.gov/OEParent/ or call ( 414) 479-8909
Seats are limited, don’t wait to apply!
For more details regarding Kindergarten enrollment visit: mpsmke.com/Enroll
June 2019 ALBA School was recognized as a Gold Level School for reading, math and PBIS (Positive Behavior Intervention Support) by the WI Department of Public Instruction WI RtI Center.
May 2019 ALBA is proud to be named a Wisconsin School of Recognition for the sixth year. This honor is awarded to the school by WI Department of Public Instruction for moving students forward academically.
Also, check out the book below! ALBA School and four of our teachers are highlighted in this book!
White House recognizes MPS’ ALBA School as ‘Bright Spot in Hispanic Education’
Tuesday, September 15, 2015
The White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for Hispanics has named Milwaukee Public Schools’ ALBA School as one of the nation’s “Bright Spots in Hispanic Education,” an honor given to only three organizations in the state of Wisconsin this year.
Call to schedule a tour or to enroll your child. Don’t wait — limited openings available. Call the ALBA School office at (414) 902-7525.