The PTA sponsors many different events and programs throughout the year. Without the help of the many volunteers who donate their time and talents, our organization would not be able to achieve the great things it does. We are always looking for great volunteers! Each hour you volunteer goes a long way. Parents are encouraged to be involved in their children’s lives and know what is going on at their school. The PTA affords parents the opportunity to remain active participants in their children’s education. PTA meetings are generally held the first Wednesday of every month in the conference room and all are welcome. We are also always looking for board officers to organize and help continue to develop successful events at AAL.
The PTA membership dues are $10.00 per family. Different incentives and responsibilities come with each level. The first $5.25 of every membership goes directly to support the State and National PTA and 100% of the remainder funds the great successes that happen every day at AAL.
Events the PTA supports at AAL
- Book Fair: The Book Fair is held every September in conjunction with the Open House and Pancake Breakfast. It is also held in the Spring to help promote summer reading. This event affords parents and students the opportunity to purchase high quality reading books at reasonable prices.
- Fall Fundraiser – Club’s Choice
- Fall Harvest Dance: The Fall Harvest Dance occurs at the end of October each year. A disc jockey entertains a crowd of students and their families as they take the dance floor and shake a leg or two! Refreshments are available and participants are encouraged to dress in costume
- Door Prizes for Holiday Program
- A Holiday Gift for Students
- Valentine Dance: In February, the PTA rocks the school with a Valentine Dance. A disc jockey plays music while families groove on the dance floor. Students, parents and teachers are all welcome to attend and dance the night away. Refreshments are provided.
- Teacher Appreciation Luncheon: The PTA sponsors a luncheon and provides gifts for all staff members during Teacher Appreciation Week in May. A meal consisting of a hot entrée, salads, side dishes and desserts is prepared by PTA members. This event is always well-planned and successful.
- Carnival: The carnival is scheduled in June, as the school year comes to a close. Games, prizes, food and entertainment are featured. Students enjoy a Moon Walk, face painting artist, and jewelry engraving!
- Grade 5 Completion Autograph Books and Pens
If you have any questions or would like to volunteer, please feel free to contact our PTA president.
Contact Person: Nicole Ferrell (aalptaprz at gmail.com)